August 5, 2011

Another M27, still not perfect (8-4-2011)

Here's yet another M27.  It looks fine except for a small amount of guiding error.  It's been a while since I have guided through the 10", and I was very tired, so I worked with the guiding for a while.  About the time I solved the problem (or came to believe I had solved it---everything was finally working well), the sky clouded over.  By that time, I had 88 minutes of M27, most of it showing slight signs of the guiding problem.
Telescope: Orion 10" f/4.7 Newtonian and Baader RCC1
Camera and Exposure: SXVF-H9C, 11x8'
Filter: IDAS-LPS2
Guiding: SX Lodestar and SX OAG
Mount: Takahashi NJP
Software: Nebulosity, Maxim DL, Photoshop CS3
Location: The Woodlands, TX

4 comments:

Phil said...

Superb! The detail is stunning. I really need to get a bigger OTA.

Polaris B said...

Thanks, Phil. The detail would be better still if I could get my guiding working well at the longer focal length. Next time out, perhaps. The bigger OTA is a lot of fun. I am always surprised how much bigger and more detailed everything is. It's like I've imaged a whole new object!

NiteSkyGirl said...

WOW! Your site is great!! Accidentally found it and glad I did!

Your photography is stunning!

Polaris B said...

Thanks, NiteSkyGirl!