March 15, 2012

Summer Triangle

Lately we have had clouds, clouds, and more clouds.  But early this morning I went for a walk, and as I made my first turn east and looked up between the trees, I saw that the clouds had parted.  A star shone brightly.  I guessed it was Vega.  Then I saw another bright star to the southeast, so I looked further north and saw another.  It was the summer triangle: Vega, Altair, and Deneb.  The surrounding clouds framed them nicely.  A hopeful sight and a sign that the summer constellations are on their way.

2 comments:

RoryG said...

The weather is looking promising this weekend and the Moon is new. Hopefully we can catch some photons!

Polaris B said...

Yes! I am sitting at my kitchen table watching images of M95, complete with supernova, flash up on my screen. Finally, it's nice to see a break, and on a Friday night! I hope you find some time under the stars, too.