September 29, 2007

M57 June 2007


This image is just 6 exposures, 5.7 seconds each. Like the others posted before this one, the exposures from which it was created were captured, and darks were subtracted, in Envisage. But these exposures were also combined and processed in Envisage. Actually, I had reached the end of an imaging session and wanted to see if I could glimpse M57 on the computer screen in a 1 second exposure (what I have used as my “Live” setting in the Autostar capture software). I could, so I decided to take a few more exposures. What surprised me about the image is that, notwithstanding the short exposure time, the central star is visible, something I had never seen before. Scope: Orion 100mm f/6 achromat. Mount: LXD75. Camera: DSI Pro. This image was also unguided.

No comments: