September 24, 2009

First Color Process - M57

The data for this image were obtained from Astrophotography by Rainer Zmaritsch & Alex Gross. It comes from one of their interesting IRIS tutorials. Thanks, guys. Processing was done by yours truly entirely in Nebulosity 1 and Photoshop Elements 7. [Reposted after adding more blue and subtracting a bit of green at the suggestion of Don Taylor of the famed http://www.theatomiccafe.com/. Many thanks. We are all guessing on the color a bit, as we have not calibrated color processing with the sensitivity of the Atik 16HR camera with which the data were gathered. I hope I haven't overdone the blue now.] Other comments? Yes, I have a lot to learn, but I think it's wonderful to see color from a ccd, finally, thirty months after buying my first monochrome camera. Now I look forward to obtaining some filters and a filter wheel.

No comments: