September 3, 2012

Testing a TSA-102 (September 2012)

I am fortunate to have a friend with a Takahashi TSA-102.  I asked her advice regarding the scope, and she offered to let me borrow it. No kidding.  Taking up this very generous offer, I was pleased a few nights ago to gather 20x4' hours worth of data in Cygnus.  I wasn't even sure where the scope was pointing.  I just wanted to see what the image looked like and how the processing went.

Behold!  What I like most about this scope is the shape of the stars.  Wow!  They are perfect.  The colors are also nice.  This image was gathered with the SXVF-H9C and a Celestron LPR filter that happened to be lying about.  I did not bother to calibrate the color, as I do not where this is yet.  But the contrasting colors are easy to see.

No comments: