April 17, 2016

Jupiter Through Clouds, ~11:50pm CDT, Friday, April 15, '16; ZWO ASI224MC First Light


This is first light with a new ZWO camera.  This image is best 1500 of 3000 frames, taken through the CFF290CC classical Cassegrain at f/13.5.  I have not added a magnifier to the imaging train yet, so this is smaller than the images will be when I complete the kit.  Also, I was expecting clouds that night and so made other plans, but when I finished what I was doing at 10:30, the sky was clear, so I rushed around and set up.  I had not used the camera outside before, but I was excited to see what I could get.  By the time I finished setting up, a light layer of clouds had moved over the planet.  That prevented really great detail, but I wanted to try out the setup, so here is one 40-second run of several I took. It's very exciting to capture even such detail as this.  Jupiter is a fascinating world. The moon on the right is Europa.

No comments: