June 1, 2022

M105, NGC 3384, NGC 3389 (Mar. 2021)

I've had this set for a long time.  The M105 group slips behind a tree too quickly for me to gather a lot of time on it, but I'm unlikely to get any more soon, and I like this image.  I observed the two brighter, elliptical galaxies with my 6" this spring, and they are obvious.  The dimmer NGC 3389 was invisible in our light-polluted skies with that scope.  I'm happy to catch more of it with the camera even in this short set.  This is 12x900" with the 203mm Synta ONTC Newtonian at f/4.9 using the Atik 460EXC and Baader MPCC Mk II.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Hi Val,
Nice image, I myself acquired some data of the same group back in April with only a bit more than 2 hours of total imaging time. Tricky part was trying to get the colors correct especially on NGC 3389 and dealing with a bad LP gradient.

Bill

Val said...

Hi, Bill,

Thanks. Color is especially a problem when shooting from the 'burbs. I sometimes think I suffer from blue-eating clouds.

Best regards,

Val